Lens Coat alternatives...

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I'm also a Lenscoat to Rolanpro convert. They're slightly less expensive but better constructed with more attention to detail. For example Lenscoat covers the four Fn buttons on my 800PF but the Rolanpro on the 600PF has holes exposing them. Also someone mentioned above how the edges start getting frayed on the Lenscoat while the edges of the Rolanpro are "hemmed". This also keep the edges from grabbing and rolling back when being pulled out of a bag, etc. Overall a superior product. I've used Lenscoat for years on all my lenses and also have three different sizes of their raincoats. Unless they up there game to respond to the competition I'm afraid they've lost my business. At least for lens sleeves.

...In more than 50 years the only time a lens has been damaged was the one time when the camera and lens fell from a bed to the floor where we were spending a night and the lens mount broke on the camera. ...
Interesting I had the same thing happen in a hotel room. Set a D7200/200-500mm down well back(I thought) from the edge of the bed. When I set a bag on the bed next to it the mattress sunk enough that the camera rolled off onto the floor. Broke the camera mount and mirror box. The lens was fine.

There isn't a better made, quality longest lasting men's cover than RolanPro. I used the Lens Cost brand originally and they always frayed and rolled on the edges in about a years time. The RolanPro still looks new 3 years after purchasing them.

When i first saw one 3-4 years ago, it was a no brainer and will never go back

Back