New KASE filters / Nisi

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

After some soul searching - I managed to sort out the inlaid ring - :rolleyes:
My box did not include the white spanner tool - but included something I simply cant figure out - find on the website - or understand - see photos.
It's not magnetic. has weird nothes and stuff - It doesnt have a thread. It doesnt fit on the magnetic ring, inlaid filter, filters or lenscap
And according to "whats in the box" it shouldnt be in the box
What is it?
kase.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

My box did not include the white spanner tool - but included something I simply cant figure out - find on the website - or understand - see photos.
It's not magnetic. has weird nothes and stuff - It doesnt have a thread. It doesnt fit on the magnetic ring, inlaid filter, filters or lenscap
What is it?
View attachment 72838
I would send the photo to Hudson. He is knowledgeable about Kase and is always happy to help out fellow photographers.

What is it?
I received one of those as well and did not get the official spanner - however, I finally came to the conclusion that this mystery ring IS the spanner (wrench) needed to tighten the magnetic inlaid ring onto the filter threads. At least it seemed to work for me reasonably well. You lay it on top of the magnetic ring and tighten/loosen as needed.

I received one of those as well and did not get the official spanner - however, I finally came to the conclusion that this mystery ring IS the spanner (wrench) needed to tighten the magnetic inlaid ring onto the filter threads. At least it seemed to work for me reasonably well. You lay it on top of the magnetic ring and tighten/loosen as needed.
That is bloody funny after I so carefully screwed that inlaid ring in place with my fingers 😂 😂

I was just packing up the Kase box (since it was taking up room on my desk and noticed a small (3cm x 3cm ish) pamplet entitled "Instructions for Inner Ring". In picture 4 they actually show the mystery ring and indicate how it is to be used.

I was just packing up the Kase box (since it was taking up room on my desk and noticed a small (3cm x 3cm ish) pamplet entitled "Instructions for Inner Ring". In picture 4 they actually show the mystery ring and indicate how it is to be used.
Ah see - somehow that pamphlet got lost in transit as a friend brought the lot for me from the UK.
We discard boxes and such for import duty purposes

The 112mm set seems like too much work, but I don't know how to add a filter or adapter to step up from the 14-24. Ideally, I'd stip up to 95mm to use with the 180-600. The 14-24 doesn't seem to take a standard filter that can be stepped up.

Am I missing an obvious solution to going from the wide angle up to the 95?

The 112mm set seems like too much work, but I don't know how to add a filter or adapter to step up from the 14-24. Ideally, I'd stip up to 95mm to use with the 180-600. The 14-24 doesn't seem to take a standard filter that can be stepped up.

Am I missing an obvious solution to going from the wide angle up to the 95?
I purchased the 112mm set of filters from Hudson Henry. They fit inside the HB 97 hood that came with the 14-24mm lens. That hood then fits on the 24-70 and 70-200 lenses. To use the 112mm filters on a lens with 95mm filter size you’d get a step up ring, which Hudson also sells.

I purchased the 112mm set of filters from Hudson Henry. They fit inside the HB 97 hood that came with the 14-24mm lens. That hood then fits on the 24-70 and 70-200 lenses. To use the 112mm filters on a lens with 95mm filter size you’d get a step up ring, which Hudson also sells.
I guess I wasn't clear. I don't want to carry a set of 112mm filters. I was hoping since the slide on hood that attaches with filters from the 95mm filter on down, so I can adapt up to that size for them all - then the 14-24 2.8, which looks smaller, doesn't have a way of adapting to use 95mm filters, is irritating I really don't want to buy a second set at 112, and don't want to carry a 112 with a huge hood and cap for a single lens. and a second set for everything else. My 24-70, 70-200, 100-400, and 180-600 all can be used 95mm using a couple of relatively cheap step up adapters [assuming we think that what Kase charges for a step up ring is cheap].

Love KASE. Have their previous generation (same as yours, just don’t have the color coding).

When Hudson Henry (another photographer I follow along with Steve) introduced KASE, I was on board. Was bummed when I got my filters and then about six months later they came out with the color coded system. Makes them a lot easier to identify but I couldn’t justify the asking price for the set in 112 and 82 after having just spent that already.

Helps me to not have too much GAS on these in knowing the quality is identical, just that the colors to make it easy to distinguish which filter is which is the only difference…but still wish I had your set haha.

Enjoy, they are a real timesaver in the field!
Me too! But a carefully applied Sharpie Colour Pen has transformed my monochrome filters into colour-coded wonders

I guess I wasn't clear. I don't want to carry a set of 112mm filters. I was hoping since the slide on hood that attaches with filters from the 95mm filter on down, so I can adapt up to that size for them all - then the 14-24 2.8, which looks smaller, doesn't have a way of adapting to use 95mm filters, is irritating I really don't want to buy a second set at 112, and don't want to carry a 112 with a huge hood and cap for a single lens. and a second set for everything else. My 24-70, 70-200, 100-400, and 180-600 all can be used 95mm using a couple of relatively cheap step up adapters [assuming we think that what Kase charges for a step up ring is cheap].
I suspect the 14-24 lens requires the 112mm filters due to how wide angle the view is. 95mm would most likely cover part of the picture up.

He did not like the white spinner because it could slip and scratch the filter/lens. He lives close to their US dealership and talks to them all the time.
I listened to Hudson's complaint about the spanner, but think it is overblown. The adapter easily spins on, and the spanner is just needed to tighten it up. The only complaint is that it is inconvenient unless you buy one for each lens. I'm amazed that the original lens caps seem to fit securely with the adapter in place.

I was unable to source Nisi Swift full magnetic filters - and ended up ordering KASE Revolution Magnetic Filter set. The are also colour coded and what a pleasure to use.
Slap on what you want - and the Pope is your Uncle.

The kit I bought was the 82mm for the 24-70 : £355.00
Professional Kit consists of 4 colour coded filters: ND8, ND64, ND1000, Polariser, Magnetic Adaptor, Inlaid Ring and Carry Pouch, plus FREE magnetic Lens Cap

View attachment 71251
To be honest - I would have bought them even if they weren't coded. I am interested in the magnetic bits. Now I wonder if 112 wouldn't have been better :rolleyes:
Good to know someone else also fell for this lot and I am not the only one parting with my moolah
And I thought it was "And Bob's your uncle." ;)

To think, even for a little bit, that you might be the only one parting with moolah, on any photography site is the best punch line I've read in a while! :ROFLMAO:

Anyhow,... I like the color coded filter rings. It now looks like there's something else that I "need" to take photos! :D

And I thought it was "And Bob's your uncle." ;)

To think, even for a little bit, that you might be the only one parting with moolah, on any photography site is the best punch line I've read in a while! :ROFLMAO:

Anyhow,... I like the color coded filter rings. It now looks like there's something else that I "need" to take photos! :D
Yes you do need filters. Best thing I bought in the last couple of weeks for photography. 😂

@Winston Churchill (Sir) I'm in the market for the same set as you, for the same lens (Z24-70 F2.8). I hope I can ask you some questions.
Are you still happy with this Kase filter set?
Do you get any vignetting at 24MM with just 1 filter?
Do you get any vignetting at 24MM if you stack more than one filter?

Thanks!

I am still thrilled with the filter set. Wish I could have had the bigger size tho so it fit even my BIG lenses (dont ask why- I dont know)
What I am saying is - buy what you can afford but try make sure they fit more lenses as they are expensive - you cant buy sets for every lens.
I dont think I had vignetting with one filter - but most definitely when piled more than one on. I then turn it just past 24mm

I am still thrilled with the filter set. Wish I could have had the bigger size tho so it fit even my BIG lenses (dont ask why- I dont know)
What I am saying is - buy what you can afford but try make sure they fit more lenses as they are expensive - you cant buy sets for every lens.
I dont think I had vignetting with one filter - but most definitely when piled more than one on. I then turn it just past 24mm
Thanks, that is very helpful, so just past 24mm you don't get any more vignetting?
At the moment the lens with the biggest filter thread I own is the 500PF. I doubt I would ever buy the 14-24MM, which has the 112 MM thread.
I'm a bit afraid that if I buy the 95, or the 112 set (which is so expensive :O), the bigger size would take away from the ease of use of the magnetic filters,
as one would have to faff with the step up ring, which I cannot leave on the 24-70mm if I ever want to use the lenshood?

Thanks, that is very helpful, so just past 24mm you don't get any more vignetting?
At the moment the lens with the biggest filter thread I own is the 500PF. I doubt I would ever buy the 14-24MM, which has the 112 MM thread.
I'm a bit afraid that if I buy the 95, or the 112 set (which is so expensive :O), the bigger size would take away from the ease of use of the magnetic filters,
as one would have to faff with the step up ring, which I cannot leave on the 24-70mm if I ever want to use the lenshood?
If you can get over the big price tag of the 112 set (not easy!) AND you think you might buy the 14-24, then you don't need worry about a step-up ring - the 14-24 has a hood which takes filters and can also be used on the 24-70 and the 70-200.

Back