New KASE filters / Nisi

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

If you can get over the big price tag of the 112 set (not easy!) AND you think you might buy the 14-24, then you don't need worry about a step-up ring - the 14-24 has a hood which takes filters and can also be used on the 24-70 and the 70-200.
That's the big $ pill for the filters I swallowed -- but I use the 14-24 hood as filter holder on that lens, and my 24-70, 50 1.2 and 135 Plena.

That's the big $ pill for the filters I swallowed -- but I use the 14-24 hood as filter holder on that lens, and my 24-70, 50 1.2 and 135 Plena.
I had no idea that the same hood fit the 50/1.2 and 135! Then again I don't have either of those lenses but good to know in case if have some $$$ burning a hole in my pocket :cool:

I had no idea that the same hood fit the 50/1.2 and 135! Then again I don't have either of those lenses but good to know in case if have some $$$ burning a hole in my pocket :cool:
Yah, more money than brains, more gear than talent is my motto :) And I didn't realize the z 70-200 had the 82 hood size, as well -- I'm clinging to my 16 year old f mount version for now. Love that Nikon has made the filter thread almost standard!

Thanks, that is very helpful, so just past 24mm you don't get any more vignetting?
At the moment the lens with the biggest filter thread I own is the 500PF. I doubt I would ever buy the 14-24MM, which has the 112 MM thread.
I'm a bit afraid that if I buy the 95, or the 112 set (which is so expensive :O), the bigger size would take away from the ease of use of the magnetic filters,
as one would have to faff with the step up ring, which I cannot leave on the 24-70mm if I ever want to use the lenshood?
I bought the 82mm for the 24-70 and a step down ring for the 70-200
With the 112 you only buy once - but do we really need it? Actually I don't. And you need bigger space to packkkk!!!!!
I leave my step up ring on the 70-200. I don't take it off because the WHOLE reason for magnetic filters is to not have to screw on and off.
You can buy spare lens caps because if you leave the ring on the lens, you need a new lenscap. The Nikon ones tend to not sit tight and easily falls off although I am using Nikon caps at present.

I have had the 82mm Kase set for a year and loved it.
I have since added a few lenses with larger filter needs and gave in and added a 112mm set.
I bought from HH -- no sales tax or shipping. I also added a 82mm night filter and a step up ring for my 105 macro and was surprised
that I got 10% off for buying 3 Kase products. Nice surprise!

Back