Nikon 180-600mm lens ship date

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed this announcement on Adorama this morning:

"Manufacturer will start shipping this item on 08/30/2023. Orders will be filled on a first come first serve basis."

I have my pre-order for this lens on B&H. B&H has no shipping date listed yet. I made my 2nd pre-order on 7/7 with B&H, so I will most likely miss the first shipment. I had a previous pre-order on Nikon USA in June, but canceled it in favor of emptying my bank account (and wife's permission) to buy a Z8.

I preordered yesterday from B&H. Before I hit order I did the online customer service chat and was told orders placed that day are scheduled to ship on 8/18. 🤞 🤞 🤞
I preordered from B&H about 15 minutes after the announcement from Nikon posted. I checked the next day with B&H customer service and was told they had no ship date commitment from Nikon USA other than “August.” 😐

I just opened a chat with B&H to see what they had to say. I placed my pre-order for the lens on June 21. Here is what they told me...

"Please be advised that your backorder is estimated to arrive a our warehouse around the end of August . As soon as we receive it in stock, we will ship your order to you, and e-mail you with the tracking information."

Last edited:
My guy got back to me and said Nikon has still not given them anything more specific than “August”.
He is emailing his Nikon rep to see if they have a firm date and allocation numbers and will let me know.

He said “we have A LOT pre-sold”

My guy got back to me and said Nikon has still not given them anything more specific than “August”.
He is emailing his Nikon rep to see if they have a firm date and allocation numbers and will let me know.

He said “we have A LOT pre-sold”
This is consistent with my knowledge of actual nikon provided information. But I assume most stores (smaller brick and mortar) will get 1-2 per store in the first shipment, while bigger stores will get 20-30+ based on size.

According the Nikon Rumors, the 180-600 could start to ship in early August (they say "next week")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back