Nikon Rumors on updates

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I mapped Recall Shooting Functions (set to disable Subject Detection only), to my sub-selector center press. Works PERFECTLY. Instantly toggles Subject Detection on/off and doesn't adjust anything else. I also have Single Point + AF-ON mapped to Fn1 (SD also deactivates in Single Point of course).

I have AF Area / Subject Detection Mode assigned to an Info Screen tile, so changing subject modes is easy (i-button + dial turn). I prefer that over the top-level menu item approach.

Other settings - I'm in BBAF / AF-C. Fn1 is Single Point + AF-ON. Fn2 is Cycle AF Mode, toggling between Auto Area / 3D Tracking / Wide-L. All other AF areas are available in the lower-left side AF mode button (and in the above mentioned Info Screen tile).

Am I just totally mental, or would anyone else like to see the Z9 have a single button-press customisation to enable/disable subject detection??
Or is there a way of doing that already (without resorting to the quick menu) that I haven't managed to work ou?

Back