[POLL] Neck strap

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Do you have your neck strap attached on your camera?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
IF I use a strap it is either a Black Rapid shoulder strap or a wrist strap. I don’t even use a neck strap for my binoculars, I have a shoulder harness for that. My neck straps stay in the box in their wrapping. I prefer to hold the camera carefully. I often carry the camera attached to the tripod.

I carry mine using a black rapid shoulder strap with a QR attached to foot. Always have it so I can hold the tripod fool while it's hanging down from my shoulder while walking.

I actually hate the BR strap. Even with the underarm strap connected it slides off my shoulder while the camera is up to my eye!

Last edited:
Most of the time no, but do use either a neck strap or wrist strap in certain situations. Straps tend to get in the way or catch on things and could lead to a resting camera getting dragged to the floor if something accidentally catches the strap. I have peak design anchor points on the lugs so I can quickly and easily add a strap when I want to, such as walking around a tourist area.

Given the long/heavy lenses we use, and carrying via the lens mount when walking around - do most of us use or even have the factory neckstrap attached on the camera?
  • If yes, what do you use it for?
  • If no, is it for the reason above?
I answered yes, based on my frequent use of Op-Tech neck straps. I do not use the camera-supplied neck straps. I like the Op-Tech straps because their buckle-type attachment makes it easy to put the strap on and take it off of the camera as needed.

Back