RRS Nikon 180-600 replacement collar

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Maybe it’s just me but I’ve always scratched my head when people spend tens of thousands of dollars on camera gear and then complain about a $300 bracket or $200 memory card. I get it that everyone’s finances are different. I’m honestly not trying to knock other brands because I haven’t used them. I get it, it’s just a piece of metal and some are over priced but at the end of the day your entire investment is balancing on it.
I’m sorry if this sounds like I’m bashing anyone because that honestly wasn’t my intent. It’s just in the grand scheme of things when you look at your entire investment in photography gear does spending $50 vs $300 move the needle at all?
Sorry for the mini rant. You can all tell me how stupid I am now. lol
Many of us have not spent tens of thousands of dollars (nor could we even if we wanted to). This lens comes in at 1700 bucks which makes the RRS replacement piece over 17% of the price of the entire lens. All this for a minor upgrade to a part that is already included and has zero effect on optical performance. I have no problem with people buying this if they find it helpful, but for many of us the price cannot be justified.

Back