Sony a1 2.0 firmware finally out

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Erik

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Mac: https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/e-mount-body-ilce-1-series/ilce-1/software/00260271
Win: https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/e-mount-body-ilce-1-series/ilce-1/software/00260268

Read this section before downloading the file.

• Save your settings:
    After updating to this version, the camera settings will be reset to the default values.
    Note: Since this update adds functions and major specification changes, the camera settings will be initialized as part of the update process. We recommended you make note of all the camera settings before proceeding. Even if you have saved the settings using the various save features available (such as Save /Load Settings and Save/Load FTP Settings) the settings before Ver. 2.00 cannot be loaded after the update.
  • Switching from Imaging Edge Mobile to Creators' App:
    • If you're using the Imaging Edge Mobile app, please be aware that updated cameras will no longer be able to connect to the Imaging Edge Mobile app. After updating your camera, install the Creators' App.
    • Please make sure the Imaging Edge Mobile app is Ver. 7.7.2 or later in order to pair the camera with the Creators' App.
    If the Imaging Edge Mobile app is not Ver. 7.7.2 or later, update it before trying to pair the camera with the Creators' App. For instructions on installing and connecting the Creators' App, please refer to Migrating from Imaging Edge Mobile app to Creators' App.
    Additionally, the NFC one-touch connection function used up to Ver. 1.32 of the camera will no longer be available.
  • To install this update, you need to download the Sony Camera Driver first. For details, read the How to download the Sony Camera Driver section in this article.

Benefits and Improvements​

• Support for Mobile applications:
    • Adds support for the Creators' App
      Notes:
      • The new Creators' App mobile application replaces the Imaging Edge Mobile app. The Creators' App allows you to transfer images from the camera to your smartphone, shoot remotely, and use other various functions.
      • Availability varies depends on country and region.
    • Adds support for the Monitor & Control app
      Notes:
      • The Monitor & Control app connects wirelessly to a camera and enables video monitoring and remote control with a smartphone or tablet.
  • Shooting & Playback functions:
    • Adds support for the Relay Playback function
    • Adds support for Breathing Compensation
      Note:
      For compatible lens information, please refer to the support page.
    • Adds the sync release function that releases the shutters of multiple sub-cameras in conjunction with the main camera's shutter timing
      Note: Remote Camera Tool Version 4.1.00 is required to activate this function.
    • Adds a function that displays the focus frame on the Remote Camera Tool screen when the monitor and viewfinder are turned off
      Note: Remote Camera Tool Version 4.1.00 is required to activate this function.
    • Adds support for Image Stabilization with Body-Lens Coordinated control. For compatible lens information, please refer to the support page
    • Adds a function that allows you to narrow down the images to be played back using multiple filtering conditions, such as FTP transfer status
    • The maximum number of images that can be recorded in one folder has been increased to 9,999
    • Allows Timecode input with multi/micro USB terminal. You can set the timecode with the source equipment
      Note: A dedicated adapter cable, which is sold separately, is required to connect to the timecode source equipment.
    • Adds support for importing/switching multiple IPTC Presets
    • Adds support for C2PA format.(The license availability date is undecided)
    • Adds support for Custom Grid Line
      Notes:
      • Custom Grid Line is available as a paid license.
  • FTP Transfer & Network functions:
    • Allows you to upload camera images directly to the Creators' Cloud app
      Notes:
      • Creators' App Ver. 2.3.1 or later is necessary. Settings must be adjusted in the Creators' App in advance. For more information, please visit the Creators' Appsupport website.
    • You can now automatically schedule FTP transfer of protected movies and still images
    • Movies/still images transferred via FTP transfer can now be automatically protected
    • You can now transfer specific images with priority during FTP transfer
    • Adds support for USB streaming
      Note:
      When connecting to a device with a USB Type-C port, please use a commercially available USB cable or a conversion adapter.
    • Adds support for SFTP to secure protocols
    • Wireless LAN security now supports WPA3-SAE
    • Improves remote shooting and image transfer security when using the Creators' App and Imaging Edge Desktop software
      Note: Please update the Imaging Edge Desktop software to the latest version (Ver. 3.7.0 or later).
  • Others:
    • Fixes an issue where the time code wasn't always retained after a power restart
    • Improves the exposure stability when using extended ISO during movie recordings
    • Improves the operational stability of the camera

things that stand out to me:

lens / body image stabilization coordination. i didn’t realize sony didn’t have that before, but that’s seems like it would be a big improvement

support for c2pa. this is a big deal imo. it’s unfortunate this appears to be a separately licensed feature, although in hindsight it makes sense i guess

it’s interesting both sony and nikon beefed up their networking capabilities prior to the olympics

These new features brought to the A1, which are very limited on the pure aspects of shooting, justify if necessary the interest to have an A9III next to the A1.

As feared, no pre-capture on the A1. This is a huge drawback for this camera, surely unable to support it from a hardware point of view.

Do not rush with judgement. It seems like there are hidden features baked into this update. On Fred Miranda someone already reporter that there is a new function on a1 to set 5 preprogrammed focus distances in camera. Awesome !

Maybe there are more hidden features.

For dual ois - only few G2 lenses and 300f28 are supported. So no 200-600.

Me too. Trying to determine how much time it will take me to document all of my settings and then manually set them again -- for improved functionality that doesn't really impact me.
Don't forget that you can save almost all parameters using "Setup / Reset/Save Settings / Save/Load Settings". Card needed of course in the A1.
Apart from a few minor parameters (Copyright for example), this is a very useful way to backup / restore / transfer all settings from an A1 at once.

You can save 1, 2 and 3 memories parameters as well.

Don't forget that you can save almost all parameters using "Setup / Reset/Save Settings / Save/Load Settings". Card needed of course in the A1.
Apart from a few minor parameters (Copyright for example), this is a very useful way to backup / restore / transfer all settings from an A1 at once.

i don't think it can be done

After updating to this version, the camera settings will be reset to the default values.
Note: Since this update adds functions and major specification changes, the camera settings will be initialized as part of the update process. We recommended you make note of all the camera settings before proceeding. Even if you have saved the settings using the various save features available (such as Save /Load Settings and Save/Load FTP Settings) the settings before Ver. 2.00 cannot be loaded after the update.

Not with this version you can't. Big warnings that saving v1.32 can't be reloaded by v 2.00.

things that stand out to me:

lens / body image stabilization coordination. i didn’t realize sony didn’t have that before, but that’s seems like it would be a big improvement

support for c2pa. this is a big deal imo. it’s unfortunate this appears to be a separately licensed feature, although in hindsight it makes sense i guess

it’s interesting both sony and nikon beefed up their networking capabilities prior to the olympics

Does the Custom Grid Line is available as a paid license also mean you have to pay for this too?

If you go onto the site where the download is there’s many more features you have to expand such as several autofocus improvements, subject detection in video, breathing compensation etc… i’m just going to take snapshots with my phone of important screens that are pertinent to setting the camera back up and can also use my other Sony body for several of the settings

If you go onto the site where the download is there’s many more features you have to expand such as several autofocus improvements, subject detection in video, breathing compensation etc… i’m just going to take snapshots with my phone of important screens that are pertinent to setting the camera back up and can also use my other Sony body for several of the settings
Really? Which section? I can’t seem to find it. Only thing I see that can be expanded is the previous update section.

IMG_0818.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Back