Sony a1 2.0 firmware finally out

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

1.35 to 2.0 migration took +-30 minutes

Let’s start migration to 3.0. Oh no, sorry, it’s in five years. :ROFLMAO:

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 13.55.51.png

Yeah, the wording is clear as mud to me because it seems to me like there are some auto focus improvements being added. I don’t even understand why they would be a need to put something from my previous version listed in this update other than to confuse people I suppose.
No, those previous features are all features from previous FW updates. Sony has always used that vernacular to show features from past updates in case you are upgrading from a much older version. And it says nothing about Subject detection in Video....where did you see that?

I just re-entered all the settings of the old firmware version 1.32.
No problem.

As with the A9III, some new features to adapt according to its needs for these new features.

No, those previous features are all features from previous FW updates. Sony has always used that vernacular to show features from past updates in case you are upgrading from a much older version. And it says nothing about Subject detection in Video....where did you see that?
That was something I heard from a YouTuber so that might not be accurate.
Formatting via card is something that should have absolutely been implemented.

Yeah, focus stacking is something I really wish they would’ve implemented and also firmware via card like the newer bodies, but I am happy with some of the additions they have made and look forward to trying it out to see if the auto performance has improved back to the level of 1.20.
Looks like you can now update from the memory card (it has an option now, obviously no way to test yet).

I’ve been messing with it for a while over two hours and still have quite a bit to go as far as setting up my menus and settings the way I had them it’s definitely a slow painful process lol
I took more than 50 pictures of the menus before making the migration and the rest are menus that I do not use or that I know by heart.

If I can help you, don’t hesitate ;)

I took more than 50 pictures of the menus before making the migration and the rest are menus that I do not use or that I know by heart.

If I can help you, don’t hesitate ;)
That’s what I did as well but it is still a painstaking and slow process because it absolutely resets everything lol

Last edited:
I have no experience with Sony gear so I am following this thread with interest. It seems future a1 firmware updates will be easier to install. Good news for a1 shooters!

Back