SURVEY: Which is your favorite of the 5 images below. (NOT looking for editing suggestions - Just if one speaks to you) - thanks much

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Asking photographers to pick what the public will buy is tricky. Look at juried shows where the "Public Choice" is almost never an awarded shot. The public likes saturated and/or cute photos. To sell - I would go with #1, then I like #4.
My respect on all of your efforts presented.

While all images are nice in their own respect, I offer #3 as my clear choice. Obviously (to me) the focus of the images are intended to be the surf. For me:
Image 1 while the colors are beautiful, the sky and beach colors pull my eye back and forth away from the surf
Image 2 The surf is more of the focus, but the contrast of the beach and sky (especially the brighter sky) also vie for my attention.
Image 3 the simple color palette and one large wave leave me with an easy point of reference and no doubt where I find myself looking.
Image 4 love the play of the light thru the waves and spray, but they all compete for attention and I find myself randomly bouncing from one focal point to another.
Image 5 my eye is pulled to the horizon line and sky which seems to dominate to me, and the wave is challenged for attention by the foam and foreground waves which carry similar visual weight.

These are just my humble personal opinions and by no means am I attempting to be critical in any way. I think each individual image is unique in its own respect and there are individual characteristics that I really like in each image. I would have been happy to capture any of them.

Back