What’s your top five lenses

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Sony 100-400 is my favorite "do-it-all" from landscape to macro to occasional wildlife (with 1.4X TC at times)
Tamron 28-75 f:2.8 G2 - just light and optically superb, great street photography lens
Sony 600 f:4 with or without 1.4x TC - it's either all in if I am on a dedicated trip / day out, or sitting in the closet.
Sony 20mm f:1.8 - stupidly good optically. Great complement to the 28-75 but obviously fairly specialized.

That's it, covers 99% of what I do. Sometimes I rent a Leica M and a 50mm Summilux for a week - and as much as I enjoy it, I love not having another $13k tied up in gear I rarely use.
I agree with a 100–400. That is one of the most phenomenal zoom lenses I have ever bought. There is not much you can’t do with that lens.

Olympus shooter here, lenses in order of use --

Olympus 60mm macro
Olympus 75-300mm
Olympus 100-400mm (sometimes with 1.4x TC)
Panasonic 45-150mm
Panasonic 12-32mm

If you want to know what they'd be in terms of FF just double the focal length.

Olympus shooter here, lenses in order of use --

Olympus 60mm macro
Olympus 75-300mm
Olympus 100-400mm (sometimes with 1.4x TC)
Panasonic 45-150mm
Panasonic 12-32mm

If you want to know what they'd be in terms of FF just double the focal length.
Olympus has tempted me so many times, especially their macro lenses.

Olympus has tempted me so many times, especially their macro lenses.

The 60mm is a superb lens, but apparently the 90mm is even better, will give 2x magnification, takes both the 1.4x and 2x TCs and is weather sealed. From my standpoint there are two strikes against it, the size and weight (large for a MFT macro lens) and the price (triple the price of the 60mm). The cameras have in-camera focus stacking which can often be very handy.

Back