Winter Wildlife

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Nice shots Dave, ours are in that same posturing stage.
I was wondering how things are shaping up on your side of the hill. Was planning on heading over this weekend but have some things to take care of over here. Hopefully the refuge sheep will be down by the road again. Will definitely try to get over soon but life keeps getting in the way :)

I'm really liking that 3rd shot. My fav. Here are a couple of "winter" shots I've gotten:
SNOWDOE.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
SNOWBUCK.jpg

Here's one from this morning. It was 5 degrees (F) this morning at sunrise and these Trumpeter Swans were mostly hunkered down on the ice when this one got up to stretch.

D850, 70-200mm E-FL w/ TC-14 iii @ 260mm, f/4, 1/640", ISO 3200
850_1997--20201123-Edit-Edit.jpg

Was watching a couple of Bighorn rams that weren't in the mood to get up and joust when this lamb wandered up and gave me a look. A bit too much lens for a whole body shot so I spun the lens for a portrait.

Nikon D5, 600mm f/4 @ f/5, 1/1000", ISO 900
D51_5195-Edit.jpg

It's certainly on my bucket list, my friend.
But here's the thing: Wyoming is less of a distance than BC for me to fly from Toronto. So do I go camp on Dave's doorstep, or yours? 😉

Was out at the local pond photographing Trumpeter Swans when this Muskrat climbed out onto the ice. Might be the first time I've photographed one of these out of the water :)

D5, 600mm f/4 + TC-14 iii, f/8, 1/1000", ISO 800
D51_5782untitled20201128-Edit-Edit.jpg

Back