Z9 photo thread

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Beautiful... I think a bit of editing would make it even more awesome...needs a bit of contrast & saturation I think...

Thank you.
I'm trying to learn that as quickly as I can lol. I used DaVinci Resolve based on some suggestions from a thread I posted last week. I actually did have to bring the exposure up on that video. And since I wasnt really sure how to do that I just ended up moving some dials around and saw it was getting brighter but also losing contrast. Played with it a couple more minutes and decided to move on lol. (I think I messed with the "gain" "offset" "gamma" and "lift" dials under the "Color" section) I guess I need to film in RAW to actually adjust the exposure and stuff?

This one was a better exposure and I didnt mess with the brightness or anything at all, however I wasn't as steady either and lost the focus on the bird for a second as I was messing around with the camera:

Z9 500E 1/3200 iso400 F6.3 an hour before sunset. These sanderling flocks come across so fast that I am astonished how well the z9 can track them from 100 yards out up to this shot which is full-frame, about ten yards away.
_DSC7037-Edit.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Thank you.
I'm trying to learn that as quickly as I can lol. I used DaVinci Resolve based on some suggestions from a thread I posted last week. I actually did have to bring the exposure up on that video. And since I wasnt really sure how to do that I just ended up moving some dials around and saw it was getting brighter but also losing contrast. Played with it a couple more minutes and decided to move on lol. (I think I messed with the "gain" "offset" "gamma" and "lift" dials under the "Color" section) I guess I need to film in RAW to actually adjust the exposure and stuff?

This one was a better exposure and I didnt mess with the brightness or anything at all, however I wasn't as steady either and lost the focus on the bird for a second as I was messing around with the camera:

I am a noob in shooting & editing video too. I use Davinci Resolve as well. Yeah the dials are a bit tricky & reading the histogram of the video footage is trickier than the stills histogram.

I shoot 8-bit H.265. It gives plenty of scope to correct the colors. 10-bit H265 would be better, but that would mean one has to use to paid version of Davinci Resolve.

VERY impressive. Such smooth panning. My husband does video using a camcorder (Pleasant Videos - watch a couple!) , and he happened to walk into my office while I was watching this. He was stunned by the videos. He said perhaps I should start shooting video and he would quit! LOL! Seriously, very nice and thanks for posting!
Maybe he should buy you a Z9 for him to borrow from you for video shooting!

OK, so 1 last bad video clip for this week lol (tripod is already packed in my truck for this weekend so I'll hopefully have steadier video to share next week).
At the same time, these little Red Headed Woodpeckers arent the easiest thing to track at basically 1150mm.
The camera definitely did a better job than me this time

Manual focus or AFF or AF-C? Wide area large? & AF sensitivity settings?

All with 500PF...the Pintail is 500PF/1.4TC.

NZ9_2180-Edit-Edit.jpg
NZ9_0761-Edit.jpg
NZ9_1248-Edit.jpg
NZ9_1337-Edit.jpg
NZ9_1734-Edit.jpg

I can confirm, that Z9 is very able to keep focus on big enough subjects with 3d tracking on.
It may be a problem to persuade 3d tracking SW to keep track of small subjects on busy background, but once it gets it, it sticks to it. On the photo I post the 3d tracking was on the middle gull, acquired some 10 frames before this one and it stick to it perfectly. Composition is a bad one. It is just a demonstration of AF capabilities:
gulls focus test.jpg

Not what most of you shoot but a good solid performance by the Z9 in low light. Most shots are at ISO 1250 or 2500. Everyone made it out safe.

_Z990930.jpg
_Z990953.jpg
_Z991249.jpg
_Z991550.jpg

A few more Z9 shots.
NZ9_1626-Edit.jpg
NZ9_1425-Edit.jpg
NZ9_2302-Edit.jpg
NZ9_1182-Edit.jpg
NZ9_1107-Edit.jpg

Back