Z9 photo thread

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Horned Lark

Z9 500pf

Horned Lark in Flight.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
Horned Lark in Flight 2.jpg

This heron has the peculiarity of stalking its prey while observing very still, held in the reeds. Suddenly he stretches out his neck in a very fast motion to fish. The AF... be it 3D, wide area, small area... 90% of the time it gets stuck on his neck in that action... I tried disabling eye tracking and the situation did not improve... When the movement was parallel to the sensor everything was fine... but when the fishing attempt was forward in the direction where I was... many failures. The group zone in the D5 usually solved the problem... Will have to wait for a firmware update.. ??

mirasol_NGR1552.jpg
mirasol_NGR1936.jpg

This Snowy egret was extremely active: suddenly running and flying between spots as it worked its way around a large shallow lagoon. These were taken mostly with W-Area + Subject-Detection (Animal mode) On. The camera "grabbed" the eye very quickly after the bird's head reappeared from under water.
All taken with 500 f5.6E PF + TC14 III

Snowy Egret flying water droplets-6300.jpg

Snowy egret foraging small fish-6394.jpg

Snowy egret foraging small fish-6399.jpg

Snowy egret foraging small fish-6404.jpg

This heron has the peculiarity of stalking its prey while observing very still, held in the reeds. Suddenly he stretches out his neck in a very fast motion to fish. The AF... be it 3D, wide area, small area... 90% of the time it gets stuck on his neck in that action... I tried disabling eye tracking and the situation did not improve... When the movement was parallel to the sensor everything was fine... but when the fishing attempt was forward in the direction where I was... many failures. The group zone in the D5 usually solved the problem... Will have to wait for a firmware update.. ??

View attachment 34873View attachment 34874
Excellent Series!👍👍

View attachment 29825View attachment 29825Haven't had a chance to do any action shots as the weather has been murky (translate my yard is a mud bowl) since my Z9 arrived. This is done with the 105 1.4 on ftzii wide open. No post except to apply "pet eye reduction" in lightroom. Very pleased with the camera and adapted lens and looking forward to getting into some action.
Aw cmon dad, just one more potato chip, please? Nice shot! (y) (y)(y)

Back