Z9 photo thread

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

A lesser yellowlegs. 1/1250, f 5.6, ISO 1000, 800 5.6

zz lesser yellowlegs 1.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Peregrines are nesting in western Montana and this nest can not be approached closely because of a river so there is no chance to interfere with the nesting. The male seen here is about 10 yards from the incubating female and you can see the wonderful camouflage these birds have in the cliffs.
_AZ93874.jpg

My Z9 (finally) arrived 3 days before I was to leave for a week-long birding trip to Big Bend National Park. After a few days of playing, I decided to take the Z9 and my Z6ii as a backup. I took the Z100-400 and the 1.4 TC and that was my kit. I have SO MUCH to learn, and I appreciate all the knowledge I'm getting from you all. I'm pretty happy with this setup, and can't wait for my 800 PF to arrive.

I'm posting a series of three images of a White-crowned sparrow getting a drink. I'm really pleased with the detail. Any/all constructive comments welcome. I will add that these images are right off the card...no cropping, noise reduction, or slider adjustment of any kind (except resizing for posting on the forum).

Z09_1895.jpg

Z09_1896.jpg

Z09_1897.jpg

Last edited:
Here is another from Big Bend National Park this past week. A Sott's Oriole having a morning feed. I know that some (many?) will find the cloudless blue sky boring, but I think it makes the ocotillo blossoms pop. As with the previous set I posted...this image is straight off the card with no cropping, noise reduction, or slider adjustment, other than resizing to post on the forum.
Z09_3466.jpg

Back