Z9 Update: Secrets To The Nikon Autofocus System!

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Steve

Admin
Staff member
Supporting Member
Marketplace
It's finally here - the Z9 update for my e-book, Secrets To The Nikon Autofocus System, Mirrorless Edition!

This update is MASSIVE and added over 90 pages to the book! It's primarily an update for the Z9, but it also includes quite a few new tips and tricks every Z shooter will love.

The Z9 updates are the bulk of it and they are extensive. The section on Z9 subject detection alone is 46 pages and includes critical information for getting the most from the Z9's AF system. The book also covers the new 3D AF mode in the Z9, the new custom functions, using AF modes on buttons, and so much more! If you want to get the most from your Z9's AF system, this book is a MUST READ!

Of course, the book covers more than just the Z9, so ANY Z user will learn everything they need to know to get the most out of their camera.

This update is free for existing users of the mirrorless edition of the Nikon AF book. You can access the update by logging into the My Account area at the link below. After you log in, you can download the current version of your book and replace it with this update.

https://bcgwebstore.com/my-account/

Note that this update is NOT for the DSLR version of the book, only the mirrorless edition.

If you're a Z user and don't have your copy of the book, what are you waiting for? Now's the time to start getting the most from the AF system on your camera!

https://bcgwebstore.com/product/secrets-to-the-nikon-autofocus-system-mirrorless-edition/

Just downloaded it! Thasks for providing the update. Now I need to make time to read it before I leave for the Smokies. 😊
Thanks!

If nothing else, make sure to read the section on subject detection for the Z9. I think that's where people are getting hung up with the AF system and if you really understand how it thinks, it makes a big difference in keeper rates.

It's finally here - the Z9 update for my e-book, Secrets To The Nikon Autofocus System, Mirrorless Edition!

This update is MASSIVE and added over 90 pages to the book! It's primarily an update for the Z9, but it also includes quite a few new tips and tricks every Z shooter will love.

The Z9 updates are the bulk of it and they are extensive. The section on Z9 subject detection alone is 46 pages and includes critical information for getting the most from the Z9's AF system. The book also covers the new 3D AF mode in the Z9, the new custom functions, using AF modes on buttons, and so much more! If you want to get the most from your Z9's AF system, this book is a MUST READ!

Of course, the book covers more than just the Z9, so ANY Z user will learn everything they need to know to get the most out of their camera.

This update is free for existing users of the mirrorless edition of the Nikon AF book. You can access the update by logging into the My Account area at the link below. After you log in, you can download the current version of your book and replace it with this update.

https://bcgwebstore.com/my-account/

Note that this update is NOT for the DSLR version of the book, only the mirrorless edition.

If you're a Z user and don't have your copy of the book, what are you waiting for? Now's the time to start getting the most from the AF system on your camera!

https://bcgwebstore.com/product/secrets-to-the-nikon-autofocus-system-mirrorless-edition/
What a great way to start the week! Just downloaded my updated version. Thanks for your insights on the Z9; glad to have the update in hand while I am still figuring out the nuances between it and my Z7ii.

jim

Thank you for this free update which I really appreciate, Steve.

I'm still waiting for Nikon to deliver my Z9 but I will try and absorb this information in the meantime so I should be able to get the Z9 set up to my liking relatively quickly when it finally arrives. The earlier version of your book proved very useful with my Z7.

Hooray! I've been anxiously awaiting this! I've been so busy shooting my Z9 that I haven't experimented much with AF tracking settings. I'm happy to benefit from your experience.

Thanks for the massive tome!

I've downloaded the book and already read the section on subject dection for the Z9, as Steve suggested. That section is worth the price of the book by itself! It really helps to know how the camera thinks.
Thanks so much!

Tisk tisk - What's this 599 pages? Surely you could have hit the big 600 with a full page photo! :p :p :)

I've not Z'd yet, but have the DSLR book and others.

Just bought mine! Looking forward to getting fully educated (and entertained along the way) on just how bad I manage the powerful tools that modern cameras have become (as was the case with the D6) :) Thanks Steve, I just reread the DSLR edition a few months ago when I decided to keep my D6 and am quite looking forward to reading the mirrorless edition. I mean, seriously!!!, I'm looking forward to reading a technical manual! It's a great talent you have, sir!

This is one update I think you should have charged for. :)

Probably. We were talking about that this time. There were literally hundreds and hundreds of hours put into this between testing, shooting, and updating the book. It's a lot of work for a free update, but thankfully people are posting about it on other forums and that helps sales.

Back