Have you used the z 135mm f1.8 Plena? What do you think of it?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

@Ken Miracle my very strange one cat that likes corn and cilantro is now asking for Plena pictures of those after seeing your flower images. This was from this morning at the fountain.

Bullocks Oriole, Female Cardinal, and Dove, I think.

Bullocks Oriole - _MDH9608 - July 23, 2024 copy.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
Female Cardinal - _MDH0040 - July 23, 2024 copy.jpg
Dove - _MDH9478 - July 23, 2024 copy.jpg

@Ken Miracle my very strange one cat that likes corn and cilantro is now asking for Plena pictures of those after seeing your flower images. This was from this morning at the fountain.

Bullocks Oriole, Female Cardinal, and Dove, I think.

View attachment 93766View attachment 93767View attachment 93768
Cool shots for your cat. Yes White-winged Dove. We seldom see them up here but we get a stray now and then.

When I found no owls and that stuff was at my turnaround point I decided to see what the combo would do on non birds in pre sunrise low light outdoors :) We have so much smoke in the air it is still a bit low light here :) Depth of field at f/2.8 at close range was very very shallow. I see you had more light f/10 and 1/2000. I have not mentioned selling another lens yet to my wife ... she knows what comes after that :) But I have one sitting in my dry cabinet that has not been used for over a year. The best thing about the Tamron 35-150 is that is a real workhorse for the stuff I do for the church ... one lens fits all and a 135mm will not do that.

Last edited:
Back