Nikon 180-600mm First Impressions

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Has anyone based in the UK received their copy of the lens yet? Or received a date?
Received mine by courier today. From Grays in London…I could’ve collected last Friday but I was at an event.
I was on their list of interested people and one of their first orders ( though I don’t know for sure) and an existing customer. I’m not NPS.

Received mine by courier today. From Grays in London…I could’ve collected last Friday but I was at an event.
I was on their list of interested people and one of their first orders ( though I don’t know for sure) and an existing customer. I’m not NPS.
My order is in with Grays, but I didn’t get it in till a few days after the release.
Hopefully get it in the second batch!🙏
Hope you have fun with it Patrick & don’t forget to post some images. 👍

Screenshot from the video above:
Nin180-600-S01.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Back from the wetlands. Unfortunately, I didn't get any birds in flight but I did get a few static shots for your review. First is the lilly pad flower and then the palm tree trunk. This is with the 100-400 in DX mode for 600 to 600 comparison.
230905 180-600_-25-7-20.jpg
230905 100-400 (DX=600)_-29-19-23.jpg

Hard to distinguish the difference. If forced at gun point, I'd have to give the 180-600 a very slight advantage. Next I have some static bird shots. Now give me a little break, the birds moved between switching lens so they are not exactly the same.

Below: 180-600 at 1/320, f/8, ISO 280, 600mm
230905 100-400 vs 180-600_-24-20.jpg

Below: 100-400 without TC, 1/320, f/8, ISO 400, DX mode 600mm
230905 100-400 vs 180-600_-14-20.jpg

Last edited:
My order is in with Grays, but I didn’t get it in till a few days after the release.
Hopefully get it in the second batch!🙏
Hope you have fun with it Patrick & don’t forget to post some images. 👍
They contacted me two weeks ago for full payment. Then early last week, on their weekly YouTube chatter they specifically said that if you’d been contacted already, you’re on the first batch. So if you hadn’t been, you’re on a later batch.
Hope to have time this morning to try it out!

Back