L Bracket for Nikon Z8

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Kirk secret website is up. They will ship my brackets today, due next week. Sorry it is a secret and told not to share. If i did I would be permanently banned from their site.

I already received my Leofoto LPN-Z8 plate....and am extremely pleased! Fits like a glove with all edges nicely rounded/beveled. Overall it seems astonishingly well made for the price. Looking forward to trying it out in the field.
Mine arrived today as well, the fit and finish appears very well done, edges are rounded nicely and the battery hinge has good tension and snaps back into place well. Sitting next to my other Kirk plate, it is hard to tell difference in quality, but time will be the best judge here. My Z8 is supposed to get back from Nikon Service this evening so looking forward to getting my Z8 back and in full working order with a brand new L Bracket (y)

that was quick. I just got notice I could order today. You must be one special cuustomer
Not a special customer. I just was one of the first to try to place my order on Monday. They are starting at the first order placed and working down the list. I'm sure there were others that - if they accepted the offer to reorder - got their L plate today.

Not a special customer. I just was one of the first to try to place my order on Monday. They are starting at the first order placed and working down the list. I'm sure there were others that - if they accepted the offer to reorder - got their L plate today.
Yes, I agree. My order was after 10 and I got the email today. It's taking them a while to work thru the Monday mess.

When I check the Kirk website, it has NO plate or L bracket listed for the Z8 at all "We can't find products matching the selection".
When I check the Leofoto USA site, they do not list a Z8 L bracket nor can their search function find one, the Leofoto main site (not US) does show the Z8 bracket (LPN-Z8) but no way to order from that site.
Am I missing something or just need to wait for the rush to calm down and the companies to catch up?

Ok got my Leofoto L bracket and gotta say I’m really impressed with it, I’ve always bought the Kirk L brackets but couldn’t get through on the site on Monday, I saw other people were able to order the Leofoto L bracket on the LeofotoUSA site. I was able to get mine for $40 dollars with the July 20% discount and shipping was free by USPS. Ordered Wed and got it today Saturday. It’s rock solid and fits like a glove. It doesn’t budge when used in either the horizontal or vertical positions and has great access to the AF mode button on the front of the camera. Love that it has a QD port and extra 1/4 and 3/8 holes to mount accessories and that the vertical side can be moved away from the camera for easy port access. Kind of happy now that I couldn’t get the Kirk bracket the Leofoto is just as well made as the Kirk brackets I have for other cameras and is almost 4 times cheaper than Kirks intro price of 130 plus 18 dollars shipping.

When I check the Kirk website, it has NO plate or L bracket listed for the Z8 at all "We can't find products matching the selection".
When I check the Leofoto USA site, they do not list a Z8 L bracket nor can their search function find one, the Leofoto main site (not US) does show the Z8 bracket (LPN-Z8) but no way to order from that site.
Am I missing something or just need to wait for the rush to calm down and the companies to catch up?
Wait the rush. I believe Kirk does not show them because they are out of stock (and they are likely still recovering from Monday's problems).

The listing is not up on their site for order yet. You have to go to the Leofoto USA website and open a chat with them (located at the bottom of the screen) and tell them you’d like to purchase the LPN-Z8 plate. They will confirm your details and email you an invoice. They were very quick and I received mine 48 hours after ordering.

The listing is not up on their site for order yet. You have to go to the Leofoto USA website and open a chat with them (located at the bottom of the screen) and tell them you’d like to purchase the LPN-Z8 plate. They will confirm your details and email you an invoice. They were very quick and I received mine 48 hours after ordering.
I did that yesterday. Got the discount, but shipping now 2-3 weeks out.

Also tell them you'd like to apply the July20 coupon for 20% off

Ok got my Leofoto L bracket and gotta say I’m really impressed with it, I’ve always bought the Kirk L brackets but couldn’t get through on the site on Monday, I saw other people were able to order the Leofoto L bracket on the LeofotoUSA site. I was able to get mine for $40 dollars with the July 20% discount and shipping was free by USPS. Ordered Wed and got it today Saturday. It’s rock solid and fits like a glove. It doesn’t budge when used in either the horizontal or vertical positions and has great access to the AF mode button on the front of the camera. Love that it has a QD port and extra 1/4 and 3/8 holes to mount accessories and that the vertical side can be moved away from the camera for easy port access. Kind of happy now that I couldn’t get the Kirk bracket the Leofoto is just as well made as the Kirk brackets I have for other cameras and is almost 4 times cheaper than Kirks intro price of 130 plus 18 dollars shipping.
I agree. I just got the Leofoto bracket in the mail today. I ordered it on the 12th and got it on the 15th. I am favorably impressed with the finish and quality of the machining. I was looking at this as a temporary L-plate but I just can't justify paying 3 1/4 times more for the Kirk and 5 times more for the RRS. Plus they both charge too much for shipping and sales tax. This was shipped free, no tax collected and $10 off the price. I didn't like the idea of the plates surrounding the battery box, but upon trying it out, it actually works pretty easy to take out and put in a battery and the extension gives you a place for your pinky finger to sit on. I'm glad I went for this product now. Unless it fails for some reason I have no plans for replacing it .

Last edited:
I agree. I just got the Leofoto bracket in the mail today. I ordered it on the 12th and got it on the 15th. I am favorably impressed with the finish and quality of the machining. I was looking at this as a temporary L-plate but I just can't justify paying 3 1/4 times more for the Kirk and 5 times more for the RRS. Plus they both charge too much for shipping and sales tax. This was shipped free, no tax collected and $10 off the price. I didn't like the idea of the plates surrounding the battery box, but upon trying it out, it actually works pretty easy to take out and put in a battery and the extension gives you a place for your pinky finger to sit on. I'm glad I went for this product now. Unless it fails for some reason I have no plans for replacing it .
Yeah I really like the Leofoto bracket and I also thought I wouldn't like the part around the battery but like you after using it I like it a lot, really easy to replace the battery and it gives the camera more protection and like you said a place for your little finger to rest on. Really no need for another bracket, it's nice and light has a QD port and both 1/4 and 3/8 holes for accessories and is nice and solid and doesn't budge on the tripod.

I got my RRS L-bracket for my Z8 today! It fits nice and snug and allows good access to all the requisite buttons and compartments.

491915C9-0AAC-43BA-87A6-17F3C8BA357D.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
C0F01C0F-B864-4C9E-8B0E-9183F8380B49.jpeg
IMG_3498.jpeg
IMG_3496.jpeg
IMG_3499.jpeg

Last edited:
Personally, I've never liked L brackets and have always preferred thin plates for the camera. I got the Kirk plate for the Z8 (PZ189) yesterday and I'm happy with it. As expected it fits like a glove and it's only 3/8" thick (plus I can attach my wrist strap to it). It's just what I wanted and only 60 bucks....

Personally, I've never liked L brackets and have always preferred thin plates for the camera. I got the Kirk plate for the Z8 (PZ189) yesterday and I'm happy with it. As expected it fits like a glove and it's only 3/8" thick (plus I can attach my wrist strap to it). It's just what I wanted and only 60 bucks....
I do a lot of landscape photography, so having a good l-bracket is essential. I typically remove it for most of my wildlife photography (I will use the lens foot instead, when needed), or whenever I am not planning to be using a tripod.

Last edited:
Back