Nikon 180-600mm lens ship date

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, last batch shipped was +2k for the sn, so if they're getting 2000 out every month (give or take), it might be a while if you're down the list a way, unfortunately. It took my store a month to get their first one, and next batch might be in a week or two (in general, I expect my store to also get one more copy in each shipment).

If they're getting 3k or more out, I think it'll probably be November for some people still. But adorama probably just put a date in to have one, they'll get some before then
Even if we knew their production capacity, without knowing the number of outstanding orders, it would be pure speculation as to when they will be filled. I'm sitting in the top 20 on the list orders for a large regional dealership and they have no clue when they will be able to fill the order. They were able to fill the initial NPS batch and haven't received any since. A local Nikon rep claimed that would be able to fill all of the outstanding requests by mid-November though the reliability of that report is worth the value of the electrons powering my screen.

I preordered a 180-500 within the first couple of days B&H had it listed. I see that they have now charged my PayBoo card but I'ce received no shipping info and they are closed until nest Monday so I can't ask them what's up. In the past my account has not been charged until the item was actually available so I'm wondering what's up. Once in the past an item showed up when I had not received a shipping notice. Only time will tell.

I preordered a 180-500 within the first couple of days B&H had it listed. I see that they have now charged my PayBoo card but I'ce received no shipping info and they are closed until nest Monday so I can't ask them what's up. In the past my account has not been charged until the item was actually available so I'm wondering what's up. Once in the past an item showed up when I had not received a shipping notice. Only time will tell.
Huh. I ordered June 22. My Payboo card shows no charges.

I hope they aren't, but man, I'm not sure what's going on with a lot of those. Nikon 100% has sent out later orders based on what I'm seeing in other places.

I hope you guys get your lenses soon though
Thanks Cameron. Didn't you get yours? I thought you'd said it finally came into your camera shop. Have you used it?

Thanks Cameron. Didn't you get yours? I thought you'd said it finally came into your camera shop. Have you used it?
I did. Got it on the 28th I believe. It's an amazing lens, and I'm shocked it's only 1700. Stupidly sharp, even with a tc. Yeah, a high end prime will be sharper, but for the cost, it's hard to beat. I'm hoping to actually spend time out this weekend with it to get some more examples, but I'll attach some here too eventually, if I can resize them by tonight (might not be able to, it's a busy night for me).

I did. Got it on the 28th I believe. It's an amazing lens, and I'm shocked it's only 1700. Stupidly sharp, even with a tc. Yeah, a high end prime will be sharper, but for the cost, it's hard to beat. I'm hoping to actually spend time out this weekend with it to get some more examples, but I'll attach some here too eventually, if I can resize them by tonight (might not be able to, it's a busy night for me).
I’m also pleasantly surprised at the price, given the image quality I’ve gotten. I hope all those who’ve posted in the various threads on BCG Forums get their orders fulfilled soon!

I'm so happy to hear that! Can't wait to get mine.

I’m also pleasantly surprised at the price, given the image quality I’ve gotten. I hope all those who’ve posted in the various threads on BCG Forums get their orders fulfilled soon!
Thanks for the wishful thoughts. My small retailer usually gets orders fulfilled faster than the big stores but this time has only received one.

I'm so happy to hear that! Can't wait to get mine.
If these looks bad...well, forum limits are what they are. They look good at the actual resolution though, so don't judge them as harshly.

Z90_7063-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIMEXD.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Z90_7557-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIMEXD.jpg

Z90_8303-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIMEXD.jpg

Z90_5705-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIMEXD.jpg

Z90_5816-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIMEXD.jpg

note, pretty much all of these had some denoising done via DXO, but otherwise minimal adjustments to output sharpness (moon image had the most, I recall, but still not super high).

If these looks bad...well, forum limits are what they are. They look good at the actual resolution though, so don't judge them as harshly.

View attachment 71077

View attachment 71078
View attachment 71079
View attachment 71080
View attachment 71081

note, pretty much all of these had some denoising done via DXO, but otherwise minimal adjustments to output sharpness (moon image had the most, I recall, but still not super high).
Very nice! Looking forward to getting mine!

Mine arrived at my dealers last week (Grays UK) I ordered it on the day it was available to order, will be here early next week, as i asked them to hold on to it for a week as i have been away, which was sods law!!

To me the pictures seem super sharp and the exposure triangle making perfectly sense... Maybe would be worth continuing the discussion on optical performances in a different thread? :) Cheers!
Thank you Adriano. About the discussion itself, I have just reported my own post to the Admins to remove/move to whatever area or thread already active that might be more adequate.
Brgds, Marcelo

They can't keep up with lenses already ordered and they're busy trying to sell new ones.
Each lens and each body is made on different assembly lines, sometimes in different countries, with probably well over 100 parts parts needed to be available to assemble each body.

Nikon had to estimate initially demand. If they undershoot they have to get parts production (from numerous parts manufacturers as well as Nikon) increased to increase throughput - which can take a few weeks rather than 10 minutes.

There are several reporting they are about to get there 180-600.
It will be interesting to see if there are are 34,000 or higher serial numbers - indicating more than 8,000 delivered world wide in under 6 weeks.

Maybe would be worth continuing the discussion on optical performances in a different thread? :) Cheers!
Moved!
Brgds, Marcelo

Nikon had to estimate initially demand. If they undershoot they have to get parts production (from numerous parts manufacturers as well as Nikon) increased to increase throughput - which can take a few weeks rather than 10 minutes.
They systematically underestimate the initial demand leading to infinite lead times (Z8, 180-600, Plena just the latest examples). It can not be just by chance. The strategy is not to increase production yield to save as much as possible and let people wait instead. I love Nikon stuff, but this is really annoying. Just build up stock before announcing things!

UPDATE
My 180-600 is on its way. B&H was on holiday so while they did charge my card they did not send a shipping notice when it was clear the lens was for me. Curiously the customer service person I spoke to said they always charge the card at the time of order but in the past I have never been charged for items ordered that were "coming soon" or "more on the way". FYI

UPDATE
My 180-600 is on its way. B&H was on holiday so while they did charge my card they did not send a shipping notice when it was clear the lens was for me. Curiously the customer service person I spoke to said they always charge the card at the time of order but in the past I have never been charged for items ordered that were "coming soon" or "more on the way". FYI
That's not exactly true. B&H charges at time of order if you're out of country. They state that when you pre-order. My card has not been charged yet. They never have when I've pre-ordered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back