Nikon 180-600mm lens ship date

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m still waiting on the 180-600mm and I expect to be waiting for a while since I did not order the new lens until August 6. I‘m impatient, but I’m also very excited by the new cameras and lenses Nikon has come out with in the past year. It is a good time to be a Nikon shooter. They have been working to create the Z camera/lens system from scratch to catch up with the mirrorless evolution in just a few years. I’m really amazed by what they have done recently. It‘s been like Christmas for some of us this year (my wallet is also a little lighter 😊). Hopefully we’ll receive our new 180-600mm lens soon.

My order from BH was made at 12:21 ET and was scheduled to arrive on the 25th but I had it on hold until today. And here is my first cat in the excellent BH bubble wrap taken with the lens on the camera. 😂

I am very glad I ordered the 5.25" plate and you can see how it sits. Thanks.

180-600 - 1 (1).jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Kaitlyn

Kirk 5.25

Gives plenty of room for hand holding and balancing. Has QD if you want it.
Can the plate be switched around so the QD is closer to the camera? I use a QD connector strap and I'm not so sure I'd like the connector so close to the front of the lens as you have yours. I was looking at the Kirk KLP-360-2NL, which some say fits well but it's about 3.5 inches.

Can the plate be switched around so the QD is closer to the camera? I use a QD connector strap and I'm not so sure I'd like the connector so close to the front of the lens as you have yours. I was looking at the Kirk KLP-360-2NL, which some say fits well but it's about 3.5 inches.

Yes, you can position it the other way around.

I just checked Kirk's webpage and they also have a KLP-450-2NL which would be a little shorter than the 5.25 if someone didn't need all the length. I'll be checking my mounts to try to decide what would be best for me.

That is possible but you should confirm that the depth is not an issue, or just move the plate back some if it is. that is one of the reasons that I got the slightly longer plate so that I have the option of adjusting it.

There’s already a thread on the lens foot…see post #44 for the Kirk 360 that’s great with the Z9 and z180

Yep, Patrick, that's the one I was looking at after reading that thread. I have it on my B&H Wishlist. I just want to be sure it's going to be long enough for my needs, although by the time I get my lens, Hejnar or Kirk might have something specific for the 180-600.

*waiting patiently*

I'm in that same boat. Ordered Z180-600 from Nikon direct, June, 20th 10:15 PDT. Still Processing.
I also ordered from Nikon direct but not until July 25th. Just this week my order status now shows "Processing". Just wondering since you ordered a good month before me, how long has your status has been showing 'Processing'? I got all excited until I saw a few others are sitting at 'processing'. thanks

I also ordered from Nikon direct but not until July 25th. Just this week my order status now shows "Processing". Just wondering since you ordered a good month before me, how long has your status has been showing 'Processing'? I got all excited until I saw a few others are sitting at 'processing'. thanks
I think it showed processing the whole time. Mine changed to shipped yesterday. The thing that tipped me off was my credit card was charged. Sorry for the faulty memory. Good luck

When ordering from Nikon USA, the only sure way to know that your order is being fulfilled is the credit card charge. Unfortunately, if it doesn’t go through for any reason (which can be totally innocent) your order goes to the back of the queue. 😢

My order on B & H now shows ”order in progress”. I’m not sure exactly what time I ordered but I recall it was about 30 to 45 minutes after midnight eastern time.

I don´t understand why in Europe seems they are not coming at all... still waiting for mine, delivery time on calumet is now 3-6 months, which is, the delivery time for the 400 2.8 tc :oops:

I got mine from my (relatively) small local store today (shipped in today as well, first one they got), it's not a chain. So they're getting out there for the rest of us now.
Similar to you, getting mine today from a small store. Ordered a couple days after announcement. Was first on their wait list, but I think they filled some NPS orders before mine.

Well, last batch shipped was +2k for the sn, so if they're getting 2000 out every month (give or take), it might be a while if you're down the list a way, unfortunately. It took my store a month to get their first one, and next batch might be in a week or two (in general, I expect my store to also get one more copy in each shipment).

If they're getting 3k or more out, I think it'll probably be November for some people still. But adorama probably just put a date in to have one, they'll get some before then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back