Nikon 180-600mm lens ship date

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Status
Not open for further replies.
I delivery time on calumet is now 3-6 months, which is, the delivery time for the 400 2.8 tc :oops:
If you ask WEX (Calumet) Group they will tell you how many pre-orders are in the global queue for all WEX stores..

Around late July last year at a WEX open day when I asked about the 100-400 - I was nearly over 2,000 pre-orders!
I got one from a small retailer on 19th August last year.

While WEX do good part exchange, allow a long return period etc - they also often have enormous pre-order queues.

I got my 180-600 from a small retailer in North Yorkshire on the day it first went on sale.

I received an email this morning (10-10) from B-H explaining that my lens (order placed June 21) was still on back order. Gosh, that was so exciting to read!! WOW :(
I got that this morning also. My only real complaint is that back in August there was a point where it read something to the effect of, will be arriving August 29! Got me all excited and I've been disappointed ever since.

If b&h is still on the first hour, that's ridiculous.
I'm getting to the point that this is all so ridiculous. Who's at fault, B&H or Nikon? The way it's looking now, I'll be lucky to get mine before the holidays next year. I'm making do with what I have, a 100-400 and my old trusty 500 PF.

I'm getting to the point that this is all so ridiculous. Who's at fault, B&H or Nikon? The way it's looking now, I'll be lucky to get mine before the holidays next year. I'm making do with what I have, a 100-400 and my old trusty 500 PF.
Partly b&h (or more accurately, everyone ordering from b&h instead of spreading orders out), and partly nikon. My local shop is still at one lens, and that one was mine.

Partly b&h (or more accurately, everyone ordering from b&h instead of spreading orders out), and partly nikon. My local shop is still at one lens, and that one was mine.
I'm not sure where I would be had I ordered from the "local" shop, which is not so local it's in the next state over, and paid their 7.5% sales tax, and gas at today's prices to drive an hour or more away. I'd probably be still waiting.

Maybe, maybe not. We'll never know though. Hopefully you get yours soon
Thanks. Not holding my breath. I know of folks who went through this in the past waiting for the 800 PF, and it seems to me, Nikon could do a better job of putting a new lens out there, that they know will be popular and then not caring how long it takes them to make enough. Meanwhile, they're busy making totally new lenses like the Plena that people can pre-order and wait for.

Just picked up mine (non NPS ). My Canadian dealer says he still has many unfulfilled orders.
If you would, what SN are you at (minus last two digits)? Last one I know of was mine, with sn 200333xx, putting us at ~8.3k total (earliest known was 2002500xx).

I wonder if a new batch got out, or they're shipping out ones they had made already

i suspect this is very not true. i'm sure they feel the weight of people's frustration
Not enough to try to make sure their customers get them in a timely manner. Obviously. I ordered mine the second day, yet I'm hearing from some they've recently gone to Nikon online and got shipment in a couple days. Something stinks, as far as I'm concerned.

Not enough to try to make sure their customers get them in a timely manner. Obviously. I ordered mine the second day, yet I'm hearing from some they've recently gone to Nikon online and got shipment in a couple days. Something stinks, as far as I'm concerned.
what's odd is I know of people who ordered day one from nikon, and as of a week ago didn't get the lens yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back