Nikon 180-600mm lens ship date

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot the local store a message, apparently their reply said "early October" this week.

What a mess. Nikon, support the local smaller stores. Don't just support b&h.
they clearly don’t support just b&h. last time around there was much gnashing of teeth that the line at b&h was so long and people in other stores were getting theirs earlier.

we’ve had issues where people in the uk didn’t seem to get a good supply, then angst when it seemed like uk was getting a better supply than the us

we don’t really know what’s going on, out feelings that x is getting treated better than y is very nebulous at best with the information we have. and even if things are disproportionate, it could just be nikon trying to make adjustments to make everyone happy.

My store is at 0 lenses. B&h has shipped at the very least hundreds. I'll let you know when they get their first one in. Until then, I'm checking out from these sorts of topics. It's just fueling my frustration levels since I'm running out of time for the year to be out shooting birds/wildlife, and if I don't get it in the next couple of weeks it may as well be next year before I get it.

Last edited:
Mine was ordered 4:23 PM ET on June 22. I think I will be lucky to see it before next year. Talked to a fellow on FB who said he recently ordered direct from Nikon and got it shipped in 2 days. But, you know... Facebook. 🤷‍♀️

FWIW, I had ordered from a large regional dealer on the first day and while I am in the top 25 orders, it is uncertain when they'll be receiving any stock. Their first batch was for NPS members (don't know how many) and they haven't received any since. Spoke to a couple local shops the other day and they don't know when the next shipment is scheduled to arrive.

Just curious, does anyone here ever order direct from Nikon USA’s website?
Ordered the Z8 directly from Nikon, got it with the first set of shipments. Ordered the 180-600mm June 20, 10:32 PM US Pacific time (which is Nikon time 6/21 1:30 AM), still "processing".
Have no idea of the rhyme or reason on how Nikon decides what and how many to ship to where.

they clearly don’t support just b&h. last time around there was much gnashing of teeth that the line at b&h was so long and people in other stores were getting theirs earlier.

we’ve had issues where people in the uk didn’t seem to get a good supply, then angst when it seemed like uk was getting a better supply than the us

we don’t really know what’s going on, out feelings that x is getting treated better than y is very nebulous at best with the information we have. and even if things are disproportionate, it could just be nikon trying to make adjustments to make everyone happy.
However, B&H appears to be shipping non-NPS orders while as of this morning, my smaller-than-B&H B&M store has only received enough to cover NPS orders (and possibly not all of them). Further, my dealer is unable to get any info from Nikon, which really isn't a breaking news flash. To me, it appears that there is a bit of inequity favoring the larger dealers in this release.

that could be. it’s possible there were lots of complaints about the huge backlog at b&h last go round and nikon is trying to adjust
Or possibly because of the huge B&H backlog on the Z9, lots fewer people ordered the 180-600 there the first day. Case in point: it took months to get through the first 5 minutes of orders on the Z9; three weeks to get through the first 25 minutes on the 180-600.

Ordered the Z8 directly from Nikon, got it with the first set of shipments. Ordered the 180-600mm June 20, 10:32 PM US Pacific time (which is Nikon time 6/21 1:30 AM), still "processing".
Have no idea of the rhyme or reason on how Nikon decides what and how many to ship to where.
I'm in that same boat. Ordered Z180-600 from Nikon direct, June, 20th 10:15 PDT. Still Processing.

Here in Germany they still need to receive the second wave of deliveries and do not know when this will come. Even though I am quite high in the waiting list did not get mine yet and do not know when I will get it. I Wonder if nikon has really the capacity to come up and cope with new stuff (zf, plena and so on) when we are in this situation for a lens announced 3 months ago...

I'm hoping to get mine before the winter birding season starts.
First one for my store, and there's 4 people behind me (at least), so we'll see how fast I find out that getting cleared. I'm really hoping they get enough out to get them to most people.
Hopefully you get some good news soon about yours, seems like some every week are shaking loose from the magical lens tree...

E: it looks like nps is also done, or at least mostly done. So now they'll be getting to the rest of us in greater numbers too

First one for my store, and there's 4 people behind me (at least), so we'll see how fast I find out that getting cleared. I'm really hoping they get enough out to get them to most people.
Hopefully you get some good news soon about yours, seems like some every week are shaking loose from the magical lens tree...
I hate that I just got an email from Nikon trying to sell me the 135mm Plena that just came out. They can't keep up with lenses already ordered and they're busy trying to sell new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back