Nikon 180-600mm lens ship date

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ship on thursday, or be in stores thursday? Not that it matters a lot either way, a couple days
Earlier today I spoke with a colleague in Japan who placed an order with Nikon there. He has a notification that his order will ship on Thursday. He expects to have it in hand on Saturday. Perhaps many of us here will be equally lucky. 🤞🏽

I have to plan my 5-hour round trip to my local dealer [not counting the time to look at camera bags, etc,], so the more notice I get the better. So a Thursday pickup would be ideal. Friday would require driving in traffic, but I'd really like it for the weekend. Next week I have an event where I can make good use of it, so I'd like to practice.

After a lifetime as a Nikon user and considering the industries overall increased competition. I find seeing this much excitement over one of Nikon's consumer priced products extremely refreshing.
image.png.443e936d5801fd09651f887c1a1ca8a9.png

Doesn't look like I'll be getting mine anytime in the near future. B&H changed from "shipping beginning 8-31-23" on my order to "coming soon". Maybe I'll get it someday. *sigh*
Screenshot_20230831-094431_Chrome.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Doesn't look like I'll be getting mine anytime in the near future. B&H changed from "shipping beginning 8-31-23" on my order to "coming soon". Maybe I'll get it someday. *sigh* View attachment 68633
It's kinda sad. My local store didn't even get a lens in, and hasn't been told when they're getting one. 2 to 4 weeks is the current guess, but their nikon rep doesn't even know.

Looks like it'll hit the 4 year mark of being on the road map for most of us before we see them.

Yeah, it's disappointing. I'll just be sticking with my 500PF and 100-400 for now. Was hoping for the more reach. Maybe I'll get it for my birthday in a couple weeks. Or not. 🤷‍♀️

FWIW my Canadian supplier said all their initial shipment went to NPS members but said I can expect to receive my (non-NPS) order in the next shipment expected mid-September. I ordered mine before the day of the announcement.

I ordered from B&H within a couple of hours of it being announced on 6/20/2023, and as of 8/31/2023, nothing but crickets. Not NPS.
I ordered in the afternoon [PST] of the day B&H started taking orders. Given past experience of watching what happens when you are that late getting to hit the order button, I assumed I would be waiting weeks after the first shipping. For the z9, I was 4 minutes late and waited a month. Theoretically, I'm #1 on my local dealer's list, but I've never ordered from it before. Placed the B&H order as a backup in case it doesn't produce.

For what it's worth, we're 9 months past the 600 TC lens shipping date and all indications (here in Canada) that effectively none have been shipped. From chip shortages to Panama Canal water levels to marketing and sales departments over promises, I personally will never pre order any product (it ain't just Nikon of course) ever again. If it ain't physically on a shelf ready to hand it over I'm not playing the game. Using the 'data' :) of the 400 2.8 and 800 pf (shipping date promise to actual lens appearing on customers' cameras), again here in Canada, I predict I will get my 600 TC spring/summer 2024. Hope I'm wrong, but no indication this reality is about to change. Anyway, all to say, I only worry myself about 'when will it arrive' now as I toy with cancelling the order (and spending the $ -- I had to oput a deposit down in november 2022 -- elsewhere). Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back