Nikon 180-600mm lens ship date

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth, I ordered mine via NPS and have not received notification yet... Given the recalls with the Z8, I'm ok getting a crack at the new lens in a month or two. I dodged the Z9 recall, but have a Z8 that needs to go in for both a mount and strap lug check. Because the 180-600 is a non-S (non pro) product, it may have some of the production hiccups we saw in the Z8 and first set of 200-500 lens. In October 2018 I received one of the first 500PF lenses in my state and had to send it in for a tripod collar repair 4 weeks after receiving the lens.
While it is exciting to be the first to get "the cool new product," it is not without its complications.

bruce

For what it's worth, we're 9 months past the 600 TC lens shipping date and all indications (here in Canada) that effectively none have been shipped. From chip shortages to Panama Canal water levels to marketing and sales departments over promises, I personally will never pre order any product (it ain't just Nikon of course) ever again. If it ain't physically on a shelf ready to hand it over I'm not playing the game. Using the 'data' :) of the 400 2.8 and 800 pf (shipping date promise to actual lens appearing on customers' cameras), again here in Canada, I predict I will get my 600 TC spring/summer 2024. Hope I'm wrong, but no indication this reality is about to change. Anyway, all to say, I only worry myself about 'when will it arrive' now as I toy with cancelling the order (and spending the $ -- I had to oput a deposit down in november 2022 -- elsewhere). Cheers!
Hi Steven. My dealer in Montreal, received last Tuesday two, one for me and one for another client. i know they had more than 60 orders for this lens, I am talking about the Z180-600.
Concerning the 600 tc, it is really amazing lens. I have bee using it since last december. Nothing can beat this lens. Very very sharp and fast and it is worth the wait time. I know how frustrated it can be to wait long for something that we want. But since you waited all the time, maybe you are now close to receive it.

Hi Steven. My dealer in Montreal, received last Tuesday two, one for me and one for another client. i know they had more than 60 orders for this lens, I am talking about the Z180-600.
Concerning the 600 tc, it is really amazing lens. I have bee using it since last december. Nothing can beat this lens. Very very sharp and fast and it is worth the wait time. I know how frustrated it can be to wait long for something that we want. But since you waited all the time, maybe you are now close to receive it.
Interesting....what store in Montreal would this be?

Ordered through NPS via Nikon Store on Jun 21, 2023, 5:56 AM. Just received this email, "The preorder item from your order is in stock and ready to ship. We will send another email in the next few business days with your shipping information. Thanks for your patience! " Credit card charged.

Ordered through NPS via Nikon Store on Jun 21, 2023, 5:56 AM. Just received this email, "The preorder item from your order is in stock and ready to ship. We will send another email in the next few business days with your shipping information. Thanks for your patience! " Credit card charged.
It pays to be NPS.

I ordered from one of the larger retailers in Switzerland and I am number 1 on his list. I'm NPS, but unfortunately that doesn't mean anything for orders here in Switzerland. My dealer hasn't received a 180-600 as of tonight.

I was notified by my local store that it the lens had arrived an hour before I received the NPS email indicating it was "ready to ship".
there seems to be some weirdness on how they do it, because they clearly ship the units before they send the email saying they shipped the units such that often they've arrived about the same time they say they shipped them

there seems to be some weirdness on how they do it, because they clearly ship the units before they send the email saying they shipped the units such that often they've arrived about the same time they say they shipped them
This was the 1st time I was not notified a day or two prior to arrival, so wierdness indeed! :cool:

I know they supposed to be shipped to the store two days prior to the delivery day to the customers. Mine was at the shop on Tuesday the 29th and I was supposed to be notified today the 31th the official day for delivery. My dealer contact me when he received it ( the 29 th) and I think it was involuntary error.

I know they supposed to be shipped to the store two days prior to the delivery day to the customers. Mine was at the shop on Tuesday the 29th and I was supposed to be notified today the 31th the official day for delivery. My dealer contact me when he received it ( the 29 th) and I think it was involuntary error.
yah, there's some sort of embargo that they aren't supposed to give you the item until the official date even if they have it before. this happened to me where the dealer called and *probably* told me i could get it tomorrow but i went down and they weren't allowed to give it to me :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back