Nikon 180-600mm lens ship date

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Steven. My dealer in Montreal, received last Tuesday two, one for me and one for another client. i know they had more than 60 orders for this lens, I am talking about the Z180-600.
Concerning the 600 tc, it is really amazing lens. I have bee using it since last december. Nothing can beat this lens. Very very sharp and fast and it is worth the wait time. I know how frustrated it can be to wait long for something that we want. But since you waited all the time, maybe you are now close to receive it.
Here's hoping. I've got nothing but hope :D Vistek recently got a couple of 400 2.8s, so I AM hoping some 600s can't be far behind. Glad to hear new Zooms are showing up!

For what it's worth, I ordered mine via NPS and have not received notification yet... Given the recalls with the Z8, I'm ok getting a crack at the new lens in a month or two. I dodged the Z9 recall, but have a Z8 that needs to go in for both a mount and strap lug check. Because the 180-600 is a non-S (non pro) product, it may have some of the production hiccups we saw in the Z8 and first set of 200-500 lens. In October 2018 I received one of the first 500PF lenses in my state and had to send it in for a tripod collar repair 4 weeks after receiving the lens.
While it is exciting to be the first to get "the cool new product," it is not without its complications.

bruce

I love new gadgets, so I've made it a point to shoot for the first day of issue of my cameras and lenses. From the D2x in the way-back-days to the present, about 10 Nikon cameras and even more lenses, I have not had a bad piece except the z8 [and even that was only "just in case"]. I may have incredible luck, and you've had little, but I find the gear almost bullet-proof. Couldn't say that about prior gear. Of the lenses, I overslept and had to wait 3 weeks from the date of first shipping for the z9. I have always thought this was better because Nikon would be more careful with the first few batches. I'll keep trying to be lucky.

So August 31"shipping" date actually meant release date. My local shop just called and said they have my lens. Clearly it had to have shipped from Nikon days ago. Or maybe "shipping" date refers to the date that Nikon store puts retail orders in the mail.
yah, i'm guessing the latter is their intent. not just nikon. i'm guessing it's also when retailers would mail the lenses if you were having them mailed.

maybe some language funkiness

So August 31"shipping" date actually meant release date. My local shop just called and said they have my lens. Clearly it had to have shipped from Nikon days ago. Or maybe "shipping" date refers to the date that Nikon store puts retail orders in the mail.
That is typically what it means. My "local dealer" and I had a discussion this a.m. They had so far gotten in a few camera, but they are going to NPS so far. I'm waiting for a call. Today was not the date Nikon shipped to the dealer, but the day the dealer was allowed to ship or deliver to customers. :cool: In a past cycle of gear, another dealer I knew got an email the day before the release date advising it how many of each were coming; the cameras arrived early the next day so the dealer could begin shipping - if that happened this time, they would begin shipping today.

Mine still had a note in the box saying this item is subject to embargo and couldn’t be sold to a customer till 31st August 2023 so they must have been delivered to distributors/ stores a few days prior

I received my NPS notice today that my lens is ready to ship to Adorama, but that it could take up to 10 business days. So, still waiting.
That likely means Adorama already has it. I got the notice this morning that it was ready to ship. Local store called a couple hours later and said they've got it. So unless they're using a Star Trek transporter it shipped from Nikon a few days ago.

That likely means Adorama already has it. I got the notice this morning that it was ready to ship. Local store called a couple hours later and said they've got it. So unless they're using a Star Trek transporter it shipped from Nikon a few days ago.
I had the exact same experience today. This morning I received the NPS notice that my lens is ready to ship to my dealer and could take up to 10 business days. When I called my dealer at about 10am, I was told that my lens had already arrived this morning and it is being shipped to me by UPS and I'll have it tomorrow.

This goes back to the thing where nikon apparently underestimated demand.

Sure, some of that is one person ordering from multiple places. But... Really? Someone really screwed their market research up on this one.
Maybe Nikon do understand demand - at least in Japan as distinct from possibly by Nikon USA.

Perhaps Nikon USA underestimated USA demand when pre-ordering.
Apparently Nikon Canada received a useful supply.

The first batch based on my serial number was over 25,000.
My second delivery 100-400 was just over 15,000.

Guessing Nikon are producing 4,000-5000 a month - are you suggesting Nikon should have further delayed launch until next year to instead supply over 50,000 on day one?

I would rather be one of the relative few with one now :) and my local UK retailer was no doubt happy for the "instant" income selling 4 copies on the day they were delivered to the shop.

Pauls in USA seem not have had some on the 31st August -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back