Nikon 180-600 - Photo Share & Discussion Thread

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Laysan Albatross from Ka'ena Point, Oahu
Laysan Albatross.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

This is the first zoom I've owned and it's perfect for times like this. On the annual deer rut session I'd walk miles around the park and carrying 2 primes takes it toll. Plus swapping the lens in the field I'd often miss shots. This is a good priced lens to have in the collection.

View attachment 72882
Great image, was it taken in Richmond Park?

I am going to Italy and Portugal in June and then back to Italy to shoot in the Dolomites in September. If I end up with three shots I like as much as these, I will feel GREAT!

I am going to Italy and Portugal in June and then back to Italy to shoot in the Dolomites in September. If I end up with three shots I like as much as these, I will feel GREAT!
Thank you very much!...
My trip to Japan was extremely productive. I have so many images to edit, and picking a top 50 to 100 will be a challenge.
I highly recommend a winter wildlife trip to Japan to anyone willing to endure challenging weather conditions. The area of Hokkaido is very target rich, and you can't beat the experience with the snow monkeys in Nagano.
cheers,
bruce

Z91_6680-Enhanced-NR.jpg
Z91_6687-Enhanced-NR.jpg
Z91_6821-Enhanced-NR.jpg
Z91_6910-Enhanced-NR.jpg
Z91_6969-Enhanced-NR.jpg
Z91_6988-Enhanced-NR.jpg
Z180-600 on Z9 put into service while my Z800 and other Z9 off for service at Nikon. Wood Duck and Hooded Merganser trying to break off the spiny fins on his bullhead lunch.

Stoked to find a Carolina Wren here in Wisconsin today! These were a common sight when I lived back in Maryland, and since we're just outside of their range map, I never thought I'd see one here; it was a great way to kick off Spring Migration.

This outing was also a rehearsal of sorts to see how the 800PF + 186 worked together in the field. It'll pretty much be "working out of the bag" situation, but man, the 186 is the perfect lens to go with the 800. Really looking forward to warbler season with this duo.
NIKON Z 8untitled_20240310_166-Enhanced-NR-2.jpg

Mine finally came in a few weeks ago, just in time for my trip to Spain. Here are some shots from the trip, unedited and uncropped camera JPEGs.
DSC_8321.JPG

DSC_9012.JPG

great cormorant Z8 7347.JPG

DSC_7614.JPG

DSC_7637.JPG

Cool shots of a Wren I have never seen. Here in S.W. Idaho we have Bewick's, Canyon, Rock, House and Pacific Wrens.
Thanks, Ken! If you take a visit out east, these little guys are common as pennies, but they never disappoint with their boisterous behavior and insanely loud calls.

I'd love to get some time with those wren you mentioned, especially the Canyon! I remember trying to photograph some Bewick's out in Washington State, but didn't get lucky that day. We have Winter Wren here, which are pretty much identical to your Pacific variety; also see some Marsh and Sedge Wren here on occasion. House Wren are everywhere here in the summer as well.

Back